The Traveling Optimist with Steve Ody
Listen to the newest episode on your favorite podcasting platforms!
Steve Ody struggled with bullying as a child. Fortunately, his formidable grandmother guided him through the harrowing experience. She instilled within him to keep rising above all his issues. His Nan suffered from tuberculosis, and doctors removed a part of her lung. Because of her own resilience against these struggles, she could infuse and transfer her joy for life into him. Despite the bullies, Steve learned to use optimism as his fuel to turn these setbacks into something far greater. In 1987, he started working in the travel industry. Later on, he set up his own business and use it as an opportunity to spend more quality time with his family. Travel is an emotional and life-changing opportunity that builds memories and teaches lessons. With the recent pandemic, restrictions hit his industry the hardest. Thankfully, he quickly pivoted to consultancy as another income stream. Right now, he also has his podcast where he encourages others to sort through their dark periods. After all, everything happens for a reason, but if people stand and reflect, they will realize things are not as bad as it seems.
In this episode, we talked about:
- How Steve Ody used optimism as his life force to overcome obstacles, especially bullying.
- The influence of his grandmother, a tuberculosis survivor, and how she transferred the joy of life into his psyche.
- Learning the importance of looking up definitions as these help with growth and learning.
- Find out tools to turn setbacks into motivation for the future.
- Steve’s decades of experience in the travel industry and what he learned from all the life-changing trips he embarked on.
- Discover how to pivot amid difficult times to avoid getting stuck in a miserable place.
- Working on weaknesses by developing new skills for growth and improvement.
Connect with Steve Ody through the channels below to get to know him and his mission more:
For more information and to explore other episodes, go to www.themikecroc.com. Follow Mike on Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube at Mike C-Roc Ciorrocco. ⬇️
Subscribe to my channel ⬇️
The views and opinions expressed on the “What Are You Made Of?” podcast are solely those of the author and guests and should not be attributed to any other individual or entity. This is an independent production of Mike “C-Roc” Ciorrocco. The podcast production and the book “What Are You Made Of?” are the author’s original works. All rights of ownership and reproduction are retained. Copyright 2021.