The Art of Tenacity with John Malott
Listen to the newest episode on your favorite podcasting platforms!
John Malott started in a terrible place. At 15 years old, he was arrested for robbing a movie theater. When he was 17, he had a heart attack for overdosing on cocaine. While in rehab, he met a counselor who told him to stop blaming other people for his choices. Sadly, because of his environment, he continued to struggle and refused to take accountability. His own brother was in and out of jail, while his sister died of a heroin overdose. John went through many other issues with the law and drugs before he had a breakthrough at 24 years old. While he was sitting on his jail cell, he looked at his two-year-old daughter and experienced an epiphany. He told himself to shape up in order to give her a good life. From that moment on, he was determined to turn his life around by making a good living. He believes that once your mind expands, it never goes back to its original dimension. And he is living proof that anyone can bounce back and achieve their dreams. Today, he is a successful entrepreneur, a doting father of 4, and an author. Best of all, he does his best to pay everything forward so he can inspire others who are at rock bottom to slowly climb their way to the top.
In this episode, we talked about:
- How John Malott turned his life from a juvenile delinquent and total crackhead to live a purpose-driven and fulfilling life.
- Why you need to stop the blame game and take accountability for your actions because things that happen to you are based on your choices.
- How one person’s positive influence can transform your life if you listen to the wise words and use the influence to your advantage.
- What you can do when you’re raised in a negative environment to ensure where you came from won’t define who you are.
- How setbacks are defined to shake up your life and wake you up so you can see opportunities amid all the struggle.
- What you do consistently can make a world of difference when you commit and make sacrifices to achieve what you want.
- How mentorship can make a significant impact on your life because you can borrow inspiration and knowledge from successful people.
- How service and lifting others up can lead to greatness because a person was not put into this planet for selfish pursuits.
- Why paying for professional help can make a huge difference in your business as you can depend on the expertise and free up your time to do more important things.
- How finding the right purpose can serve as an amazing inspiration that allows you to keep moving forward with your mission, which in turn helps you to pay everything forward.
- Why tolerance, integrity, and authenticity matter because when you become who you really are, you feel fulfillment and reach the right people.
Connect with John Malott through the channels below to get to know him and his mission more:
For more information and to explore other episodes, go to www.themikecroc.com. Follow Mike on Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube at Mike C-Roc Ciorrocco. ⬇️
Subscribe to my channel ⬇️
The views and opinions expressed on the “What Are You Made Of?” podcast are solely those of the author and guests and should not be attributed to any other individual or entity. This is an independent production of Mike “C-Roc” Ciorrocco. The podcast production and the book “What Are You Made Of?” are the author’s original works. All rights of ownership and reproduction are retained. Copyright 2021.