Pursue Multiple Passions (And Nail Them All) With DkDashoota
Listen to the newest episode on your favourite podcasting platforms!
Derrick Bates Jr., more popularly known as DkDashoota, is an up-and-coming rap artist from Memphis, Tennessee. He lost his father when he was 8 months old and was raised by his grandmother. He joined the US Army at 17 years old when he was in high school and got deployed after basic training.
He nurtured a strong passion for making music while in service, and even though he was being deployed constantly, he managed to keep releasing music until he gained close to 200K followers on Instagram. He now aims to get signed and be one of the biggest new artists by the end of 2021.
- His childhood in Memphis, growing up without a father, and not wanting to go down the same path as others.
- How he used to be angry at God until he realized that everything happens for a reason.
- How a certain goal is not an option if we believe it’s gonna happen, and how we should direct our thoughts and actions towards it.
- How he learned what true courage and leadership meant when he joined the ROTC and the military.
- Drawing the line between his personal beliefs and his mission as a military man.
- His excitement in making his first album and collaborating with other artists.
- Juggling between his budding rap music career and his military duties.
- Wanting to be more independent in the future and make it big in the music industry but stay real as a person.
Connect with DkDashoota through the channels below to get to know him and his mission more:
Apple Music: https://music.apple.com/us/artist/dkdashoota/1571902267
For more information and to explore other episodes, go to www.themikecroc.com. Follow Mike on Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube at Mike C-Roc Ciorrocco. ⬇️
Subscribe to my channel ⬇️
The views and opinions expressed on the “What Are You Made Of?” podcast are solely those of the author and guests and should not be attributed to any other individual or entity. This is an independent production of Mike “C-Roc” Ciorrocco. The podcast production and the book “What Are You Made Of?” are the author’s original works. All rights of ownership and reproduction are retained. Copyright 2021.