Leading a Solutions-Driven Business Path with John Roa
Listen to the newest episode on your favorite podcasting platforms!
John Roa is a lifelong entrepreneur, technologist, activist, philanthropist, speaker, business investor, and writer. He has founded and managed six technology companies since learning to program at age 11. His largest company, ÄKTA, went on to be one of the fastest-growing companies in America in both 2013 and 2014 and was fully acquired by Salesforce Inc. (NYSE: CRM) in September 2015. After committing to taking a hiatus from technology startups after selling ÄKTA, he founded Roa Ventures, supporting early-stage lifestyle and consumer brands through advisement and angel investment. Roa Real Estate then spun out, focused on luxury real estate investments. An avid and adventurous world-traveler, John has found his way to about 60 countries, whether by backpack or briefcase.
In this episode, we talked about:
- How he learned the hard way through setbacks
- The one person we can trust is ourselves.
- How his past experiences led him to love and pursue being a technologist
- How he hired his strengths through entrepreneurial intuition
- Life-changing realization—if the source of your success and failures is the same thing which is this particular business, cease until you got it all sorted out.
- How he stood up from his failures by changing his ways
- The value of a solutions-driven mindset and winning with people
- The importance of limiting whom we take feedbacks from
- How teaming up with like-minded people helps in hitting our targets.
Connect with John Roa through the channels below to get to know her and her business more:
For more information and to explore other episodes, go to www.themikecroc.com. Follow Mike on Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube at Mike C-Roc Ciorrocco. ⬇️
Subscribe to my channel ⬇️
The views and opinions expressed on the “What Are You Made Of?” podcast are solely those of the author and guests and should not be attributed to any other individual or entity. This is an independent production of Mike “C-Roc” Ciorrocco. The podcast production and the book “What Are You Made Of?” are original works of the author. All rights of ownership and reproduction are retained. Copyright 2020.