When you think of the ‘American Dream’, what comes to mind?
For many of us, it’s achieving financial and physical freedom to live the kind of life we want. For Magda Khalifa, the American Dream is about discipline, resilience, endurance, adaptability, and mentorship – all of the things you need to ‘succeed and win in life.’
Magda is the Founder of the Freedom Triangle and 1st-generation American, US Army combat veteran, business owner, speaker, and bestselling author. Magda has achieved great success in her life, but it hasn’t come without trials and tribulations.
When terrorists attacked New York City on September 11, 2001, many of our lives changed forever, including Magda’s. She left her comfortable life and joined the military. Magda shares her inspiring story with us on this episode of the What Are You Made Of? podcast. She talks about how she was able to turn her life around using the Freedom Triangle framework and how we can all learn to become truly ‘limitless.’
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Magda’s inspiring story about how and why she joined the military
- What it means to have a burning desire within you
- Issues Magda faced when returning home from tours in Iraq
- Magda talks about some of her near-misses and experiences of loss during her time in Iraq
- The importance of taking time to decompress and deal with your grief
- What the ‘Freedom Triangle’ is and how it works
- Why you shouldn’t trap yourself in a mental prison
- The four characteristics that will help you overcome your struggles
- How to be ‘limitless’
Want to read Magda’s best-selling book? Here’s the link to her book on Amazon: American DREAM: Discipline, Resiience, Endurane, Adaptability, and Mentorship to Succeed and Win in Life
The views and opinions expressed on the “What Are You Made Of?” podcast are solely those of the author and guests, and should not be attributed to any other individual or entity. This is an independent production of Mike “C-Roc” Ciorrocco. The podcast production and the book What Are You Made Of? Are original works of the author. All rights of ownership and reproduction are retained. Copyright 2019.
For more information and to explore other episodes, click here.