Fight for Your Name With Lucinda Cross
Listen to the newest episode on your favorite podcasting platforms!
Lucinda Cross grew up in the projects in NYC. Her poor living conditions led her to make bad choices. Though women in her family were encouraged to seek higher education, this self-confessed black sheep took the wrong path and landed in federal prison at 18. While there, she started reading and learning to get her life back on track. Her ultimate goal was to beat the odds because society tends to condemn prisoners for their one mistake. As soon as she was out of prison, she was determined to regain her good name, rebuild her relationship with her family, and get herself an education. Through her hard work and the guidance of a mentor, she eventually set up a successful business, wrote several best-selling books, and became a renowned motivational speaker. Ultimately, Lucinda defied statistics as this girl from the projects received recognition with a Lifetime Achievement Award from President Barack Obama.
In this episode, we talked about:
- How Lucinda cross beat the statistics as a girl from the projects who ended up in federal prison.
- Why the richest place is in prison because people can do great things, but they’re stuck.
- How to fight the odds so that people will take you seriously after being incarcerated for a long time.
- Why she looked actively for a mentor as one of her ways to fight to rebuild her name.
- How you need to shift your mindset because how will people think highly of you if you don’t think highly of yourself.
- When you’re ready, the master will show up and help you to make things happen as long as you are willing to put in the work.
- Why you should not be an ask-hole, which means asking for help but never following through with the proper actions.
- What is the difference between men and women when they make pitches and what they do to get the yes.
- Why you need to find out your junk and baggage so you can unlearn stuff and establish the concretes steps to move forward.
- How you must create and nurture relationships because it has a huge impact on your journey.
- Why being authentic matters in engaging with the right people and doing the things you have to do.
Connect with Lucinda Cross through the channels below to get to know her and her mission more:
For more information and to explore other episodes, go to www.themikecroc.com. Follow Mike on Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube at Mike C-Roc Ciorrocco. ⬇️
Subscribe to my channel ⬇️
The views and opinions expressed on the “What Are You Made Of?” podcast are solely those of the author and guests and should not be attributed to any other individual or entity. This is an independent production of Mike “C-Roc” Ciorrocco. The podcast production and the book “What Are You Made Of?” are the author’s original works. All rights of ownership and reproduction are retained. Copyright 2021.